Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance
Latest Brunel SEN MAT Letter for Parents and Carers – 19th March 2020
We appreciate that our students and young people are particularly vulnerable and therefore we always take their health and the health of our staff very seriously. Be assured as a college we are taking all appropriate measures to ensure our learners are kept safe and practice good hygiene.
As a college we are encouraging our learners to follow the guidance from the government in ensuring they are washing their hands for at least 20 seconds and when appropriate. For us in college this is on entry to the building, before and after food, after personal care and before they leave to return home. All classes have hand washing facilities and antibacterial sanitiser is available for learners and staff.
When learners are taking part in activities within the local community they will be encouraged to wash their hands before during and after activities and again on re-entry to the college.
The college is fully prepared, with the Principal communicating regular updates from the Department of Education to all staff to ensure our information is current and up-to-date.
Please read the guidance from Public Health England on the sensible steps everyone should be taking to prevent the spread of any type of virus.
Prevent the spread of infection:-
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment
If you have any concerns or questions then please contact the College Reception or the Department for Education have launched a new helpline to answer questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19) relating to education. Staff, parents/carers and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)